Congregation Solel is dedicated to preparing the children of our congregation to participate fully and meaningfully in Jewish life. Lev Learning, the heart of Learning, is our Jewish religious school experience. Our classrooms foster sacred community, as well as a respect and love of Judaism, its history, traditions, and values. We work with students to understand how these values relate to our current world and their lives, with a focus on student connection, engagement, and enjoyment.
Our students are active participants in Jewish prayer, learning to decode Hebrew, and finding meaning in our ancient liturgy, often through music or art. Project-based learning and responsive classroom techniques are used in our classrooms to encourage depth of learning. Most importantly, we aim to create an environment within Lev where students are engaged and happy learners, and want to continue their Jewish learning beyond their school years.
Read a letter from Ashley Plotnick, our Director of Congregational Learning, further discussing the core values of Lev Learning as a learning community.
Lev Learning Schedule
Lev Learning Calendar
- Lev Learning Parent Tot Class Calendar
- Lev Learning All Grades Calendar
- Lev Learning 7th Grade Calendar
- Lev Learning 8th-12th Grade Calendar
Register for Lev Learning here:
Jewish Montessori Experience:
Madrichim (Teen Teaching Assistants)
Children’s Choir & Guitar Club
Lev Learning This Week
Events for week of March 29, 2020
This Week Navigation
Upcoming Events: Lev Learning
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Recent Articles from Lev Solel in Highland Park, Illinois
- Thanks to the generosity of many Solel members, we raised the funds and obtained the furniture and household goods to furnish an apartment in Rogers Park for a Rohingya family of 4 which Solel has co-sponsored with Refugee One. The father began a full-time job 3 months after the family arrived. The 5 year old son is thriving in kindergarten. Solel members continue to tutor him and his 2 year old brother while the entire family is acclimating to life in Chicago...
- Time is one of those crazy concepts (sorry Cher, you can’t turn it back, even if you can find a way). It’s already April and we are in the middle of Passover (I assume that’s when this issue of the Pathfinder is released). The passage of time, as a father of two, seems even more daunting since my sons will be 1 and 3 in May! In March, Rabbi Moffic held a great class about Jewish community and I was amazed at how the texts that we studied, which are thousands of years old, are still ...
- Congregation Solel is fiercely dedicated to social justice and Tikkun Olam. I’m proud to share that we have a meaningful opportunity to help a family in need. Congregation Solel is partnering with RefugeeOne to sponsor a refugee family, and aid in resettling them for their first six months in Chicago.
- Mazel Tov to Michael Schneider on completing the Certificate in Jewish Leadership program at Spertus Institute.