Rabbi Michael Melchior, Former Kenesset Member and Deputy Prime Minister, will Speak at Solel
Sunday, November 11 at 11:00 am
About Rabbi Michael Melchior:
· He is a former Chief Rabbi of Norway and currently leads an Orthodox synagogue in Jerusalem.
· Rabbi Melchior was the founding chairman of the Birthright/Taglit Steering Committee.
· Rabbi Melchior founded the Israeli political party Meimad and has held many positions in the Israeli government.
· Rabbi Melchior is one of Israel’s leading voices for religious pluralism and peace.
· He is a principal advocate for equal rights and representation for Orthodox and non-Orthodox Jews.
· He has also spearheaded a campaign to foster coexistence and dialog between Israeli Jews and Arabs.
This event is Rabbi Melchior’s only public appearance at a synagogue during his visit to Chicago! Don’t miss the opportunity to hear from one of Israel’s most prominent intellectuals and activists!